October is right around the corner, and Los Angeles offers a plethora of Halloween-themed things to do. Whether you're taking in the city as a tourist or you live in the area, check out the list below for a few of the events that you can experience this October.
- Dia de los Muertos, Hollywood Cemetery: Oct. 27, 2018. From noon until midnight on October 27, you can experience this day of the dead festivalcomplete with Latin music and costumes. Enjoy various musicians and take part in the celebrations for the low price of $25. For more details, click here.
- Oktoberfest, Pomona Fairplex: Oct. 5-6, 12-13, 19-20, 2018. If you're a fan of the largest beer festival in the world, check out L.A.'s version at the Pomona Fairplex. While drinking a beer, enjoy authentic Bavarian cuisine, music, and games. Please note this event is 21 and up only. For more information on parking, ticket prices and entertainment offered, take a look at their website.
- L.A. Comic Con, Los Angeles Convention Center: Oct. 26-28, 2018. Are you an individual who is a comic fan that also likes to dress in costumes? Consider getting tickets to L.A.'s 8th annual con. Other than the usual star-studded panels, this con includes a children's Halloween costume contest and an indoor trick-or-treat event. For ticket information and further details, click here.
- Halloween Horror Nights, Universal Studios: Every Thursday-Sunday in Oct. Are you in for a scare? Check out Universal Studio's Halloween Horror Nights. With a variety of different attractions, including themed rides, mazes and performances by the hip hop dance crew Jabbawockeez, there is a little of something for everyone. To view the different attractions, click here.
- Screamfest Horror Film Festival, TCL Chinese 6 Theaters: Oct. 9-18, 2018.Often referred to as the "Sundance of Horror" and the original viewing location of Paranormal Activity, this festival is not for the faint of heart. Between October 9th and 18th, you can enjoy horror films from various new filmmakers making their way into the film industry. If this sounds like your forte, click here to get your tickets now.
- Boo at the L.A. Zoo, Los Angeles Zoo & Botanical Gardens: Every day in Oct. For some all-inclusive family fun, head to the LA Zoo for a spooktacular time. Feel free to wear costumes as you stroll through the zoo and enjoy live shows and animal feedings. Check out their website for a full list of various daily and weekend events.
If you would like more information on other events happening in Los Angeles or if you're interested in a stay at Manhattan Beach, feel free to contact us and let us be your guide to all things fun!