As the temperature increases in the Beach Cities, the fun does too. Whether you're a visitor or a local, there are plenty of entertaining things to do near the Pacific Ocean. From renting a bike to cruise along The Strand to dipping your feet in the water by the Manhattan Beach Pier, enjoyable activities are all around our Manhattan Beach hotel, The SeaView Inn!
Five things that are a bit off-the-radar
1. Stop by the Roundhouse Marine Studies Lab and Aquarium at the end of the Manhattan Beach Pier and check out their shark tank. It's free to the public and fun for all ages!
2. Check out the collection of surf culture while learning some history at the Hermosa Beach Historical Society. There, you can learn the history behind punk music in the Beach Cities before you head into the Beach Volleyball Hall of Fame.
3. And speaking of which, do you like beach volleyball? Then you're in the right place! The Beach Cities have net posts set up in the sand just for that. You can also check out Manhattan Beach's website for more information on volleyball classes and to learn about their origins in the sport.
4. When you stroll through Manhattan Beach, stop for a work out with the ocean right in front of you. At Bruce's Beach, you'll find rolling grass areas and beautiful ocean views. Park yourself on a bench and stay for the sunset! There's also an amazing workout area there as well, near 27th street. What better place to work out?!
5. And nature buffs, there's a lot for you too! Start with a visit to Hopkins Wilderness Park in Redondo Beach. They allow for day trips as well as overnight camping. There you will see streams among the wilderness, while still being right next to the beach.
And for all those visiting the Beach Cities, check out lodging at Sea View Inn, a modern intimate seaside Manhattan Beach hotel!